#HealthITchicks is a grassroots, high-energy networking group of women (and men!) focused on raising awareness of gender-related issues in healthcare technology and the workplace at large.
Launched by industry blogger Jennifer Dennard (@JennDennard) in 2013 as a somewhat monthly tweet chat, the community has evolved into a respected social networking movement that includes popular tweetchats, a growing LinkedIn group, annual HIMSS meetups, local events, and an annual holiday giving campaign that raises money for causes that closely align with our mission of “Doing Good & Giving Back.”
The #healthITchicks community strives – above all – to help its members invest in the personal and professional lives of each other, and of those in need.
From parental leave and work/life balance to conference “booth babes” and that pesky wage gap, our community serves as a resource for those working in healthcare technology who are looking to:
- connect with like-minded professionals;
- become educated about today’s gender-related workplace issues; and
- share opportunities for personal and/or professional growth.
There are a number of ways you can become involved:
- Follow the #healthITchicks hashtag.
- Follow the @healthITchicks Twitter handle.
- Sign up for email updates (to your right).
- Join the LinkedIn group.
- Join our next tweet chat.
- Find us out and about.
The #HealthITchicks Team